Sunday 25 November 2012

The Terrace Hotel

Staying at The Terrace Hotel, Perths' newest boutique hotel for a Social Media Event isn't something that I would normally attend, anxious and bordering clinical agoraphobia I was well out of my comfort zone.

Going alone, with out my rock and cuddle blankies (the family) isn't something I do often, In fact during the initial meet and greet session perthmunchkin and kitta asked me when the last time i went out by myself without the family, I had a hard enough time remembering which year it was in, so it's safe to say a long time ago.

To be fully honest i did consider turning around and heading back home half way there, because it just felt wrong to be going with out my beautiful wife.

Often I feel I am perceived as weak or insecure because of what some see as a lack of independence, but I see it as security and warmth. I have described this to my wife before in the way that I see myself as the big duck of my little pond and i like having my mummy duck beside me and little ducklings under my wing. I don't know where this feeling of control has come from but it's all i know.

That's enough of my insecurities, on with my adventure.

I will by pass my travels to the event which included driving half way there in my sons BMW convertible with L plates and several trips around the block to find parking, walking in circles in the rain and being the last to arrive. (yes my son has a BMW with no licence yet)

Arriving at the Hotel I wanted to appreciate everything as I took being invited to attend a Social Media event seriously and I wanted to do my part to make it successful. I think that the tool that is Social Networking is underrated by businesses in this country.

Standing in the light rain at the heritage timber moulded entrance to the foyer, outside looking in,  i admired the contrasting finishes in deep rich colours and renaissance paintings just inside the door.

Once inside I was outnumbered 3:1 by mature experienced staff that were friendly and professional, the right levels of cheesiness and joviality made me feel very welcome and at ease.

Due to the age of the building and keeping with the theme of the hotel the hallways and trafficable areas were cosy and quality finishes continued through out.

The facilities carried the same theme and catered for every facet of event, from casual bar, exquisite dining, romantic rendezvous or private function.

Being a parent with many children I really don't get out much, and find that i have very simple tastes and most times i find that at fancy events I don't find the food appealing at all. This however wasn't the case with anything I experienced at the Terrace Hotel.
The food by Executive Chef Shannon Wilson was exquisite and plated beautifully. From the on site baked bread, the entrees and the to die for lamb it would have to be one of the tastiest meals Ive ever had.




The attention to quality finishes and fine detail seemed to carry throughout the entire hotel and my room, which was a deluxe room, was no exception.

A combination of plush rich carpets, solid timber joinery and furniture and marble and brass integrated smoothly. It was a decent sized room with an open designed en suite larger than most new residential bedrooms.

Everything had a place and a job to do and although it was a new hotel everything felt as though it has progressed through the ages.

There are some things that parents notice that others may take for granted, and two of those things are Peace and Quiet. Laying there sideways across the king size luxurious white goose down & feather pillows & duvets by Ploh and soaking in the gentle hum of the air conditioning with no one climbing on you is bliss.


The spacial marble and brass clad en suite is roomy and inviting. although my room wasn't fitted with a bath the rain head shower had ample pressure and heat and gave you plenty of time with out going cold. Although next time i need the bath.

The antique Chinese styles cupboards contain every amenity needed for a short stay including, iron, robes and slippies, a fully stocked gourmet bar fridge and personal nespresso machine, something i noticed far too late to really enjoy.

Although heritage styled the electronics in the room are nothing short of state of the art with touchscreen remote Bang and Olufsen HD digital TV & surround sound system and iPads and appleTV's in every room all connected through high speed wireless internet.

Now being a parent blog i like to leave with a conclusion or a moral.

The terrace hotel lives up to expectations of being an executive boutique hotel, accompanied by impressive service, quality fixtures and fittings and exquisite food and beverages.

Being in the construction industry myself i don't find my self saying this often, but somewhere someone though of building a hotel with a passion and a feel to it. Walking throughout the hotel and taking time to admire the fittings and heritage of building you can feel it.

Nestled in the heart of Perth's CBD it's a perfect location to stay for the professional client.

Saying that, the theme through out the building, the quality, the plush feel, the closeness, the romance the love, that 'je ne sais pas' I believe, needs to be experience with a loved one to truly compliment what this unique hotel has to offer. Whether that be an anniversary for your parents, that first getaway you'll remember forever or the opportunity to offload the kids and let your wife know you love her.











No comments:

Post a Comment